What Is Your Favorite EE Lesson Plan?
The West-Central LEEF (League of Environmental Educators in Florida) regional advisory committee is sponsoring an environmental education lesson plan contest. Entries will be displayed at the Camp Bayou Outdoor Learning Center's November 11-13, 2011 event- A Natural Education Weekend (ANEW)- http://anaturaleducation.blogspot.com. Entries will be judged by a trio of faculty from Hillsborough Community College- SouthShore, an ANEW event partner. Winner will receive a scholarship to the LEEF conference, not to exceed a value of $200, to be held March 29- April 1, 2012, http://leef-florida.org.
- Entries must include, at a minimum:
* Learning objective (ie. students will understand water cycle);
* Grade level(s),
* Time necessary to complete,
* Materials needed,
* Description of activity- be as specific as possible so that anyone reading it will be able to duplicate it in their classroom or with their youth group.
- The activity may be a newly developed creation but may also be an existing EE curriculum that you have noticeably modified and is not already available in copyrighted materials elsewhere.
- Entries should not exceed 5 pages. Entries should be submitted as a Word document, (formatted with Arial 12 pt font). Email as attachment to email@example.com.
- A bonus point will be awarded if a photo is attached showing the activity in use.
- In the event of a tie, entrant who is current LEEF member will be awarded prize.
There is no fee to enter and all entrants will receive a CD, with all lesson plans submitted, after the event. Entrants do not have to be present to win. All entries will be on display throughout the event in the pavilion for event participants.
Entry deadline: October 28, 2011.
Contact info requested-
School or Home-school Coop:
Entrant's mailing address:
LEEF member? (Y/N)
Contest is open to any educator, formal or non-formal, within the West Central LEEF region which includes 10 counties: Citrus, Desoto, Hardee, Hernando, Highlands, Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas and Polk.